If you'd like to support us, please email at britt410@yahoo.com or call 206-375-9416


Monday, November 19, 2012

Thoughts from the PR: May 2012

Hey There!
Just trying to catch up in posting the Thoughts from the Prayer Room from our newsletter! :) If you would like to receive our monthly (usually monthly..) newsletter, please email me at britt410@yahoo.com!


“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Ps. 37:4

This verse popped into my head the other day, which isn’t terribly uncommon since it’s one of my favorite verses. But this time it was as if the Spirit was shouting that word ‘Delight!’ inside of me. 
‘Delight, Beloved, Delight!’ 
The Holy Spirit recently started impressing on me that true holiness springs from true love. In fact you might say holiness is impossible without love. Jesus said in John 14 that if we love Him we will obey his commandments. I believe delight and love for the Son of God is a prerequisite to true obedience. I believe that this delight and love is the highest calling of every human soul and the truest, most satisfying way to live(John 15:11).I also believe that we all mentally assent to this but demonstrate a lack of true understanding every time we resist the will and the voice of the Holy Spirit. But the Holy Spirit is saying to us ‘Delight! Delight yourself in me!’ For He alone is truly delightful; the Author of joy, the Creator of every perfect gift, the Giver of true and abundant life. He alone is most Wonderful, most Beautiful and most Exhilarating! And the promise is if we follow Him in obedience, we will be with Him where He is! 
This is the source of all true holiness: delight in the Lord.

-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment